Which saving possibilities do I have concerning camera settings?
mvBlueFOX, mvBlueFOX-M, mvBlueFOX-MLC, mvBlueFOX-IGC, mvBlueCOUGAR-X, mvBlueCOUGAR-XD, mvBlueFOX3, mvBlueLYNX-X
With a MATRIX VISION camera there are several ways to save camera Settings.
You can use, for example, the powerful tool wxPropView to save the settings. The settings will then be saved in the registry or in a XML file on Windows systems. On Linux, the XML format will only be supported. I.e. the saved settings are only valid on the system and you can define, which devices are affected by the settings as soon as they are connected.
There a following saving categories:
- The settings are valid for the whole camera family (e.g.: mvBlueCOUGAR-X and mvBlueCOUGAR-XD)
- The settings are valid for a specific product type of a family (e.g.: mvBlueCOUGAR-X123 but not mvBlueCOUGAR-X120)
- The settings are valid for a specific product (e.g.: mvBlueCOUGAR-X with a specific serial number)
- You will find more details in the manual: mvBlueCOUGAR-X Technical Documentation → GUI → wxPropView → How to work with wxPropView → Storing and restoring settings.
- How the dettings will be behave during startup is described here: mvBlueCOUGAR-X Technical Documentation → Quickstart → Settings behaviour during startup.
Furthermore, mvBlueCOUGAR-X or mvBlueFOX3 cameras offer the possibility to save settings in the non-volatile memory of the camera. The use case mvBlueCOUGAR-X Technical Documentation → Use cases → Creating user set entries in non-volatile device memory describes how you can work with the so-called "User Sets". Please note, that the User Sets are overwritten as soon as there are settigns in the registry. In addition. the user sets are cleared after firmware change.