After connecting why does it sometimes take so long until I can use the mvBlueFOX or mvBlueFOX3?
By default, Windows looks for updated drivers via the internet. This could take some time (minutes). We recommend to download the latest drivers from our website and to install them. So there is no need for Windows to look for them. You can change this behavior in "Device Installation Settings" as follows:
- Click on the Windows Start button and
- type in "device ins".
Windows will suggest some hits.
- Click on "Change device installation settings". The "Device Installation Settings" dialog will open.
- Now select "No, let me choose what to do" and afterwards
- "Install driver software from Windows Update ...".
- Finally save the changes.
Note using Windows 8.1:
Using Windows 8.1, the menu item "Install driver software from Windows Update ..." does not exists. In this case, please choose "Never install driver software from Windows Update".
Note using Windows 10:
Using Windows 10, the menu item "Install driver software from Windows Update ..." does not exists. In this case, please choose "No (your device might not work as expected)".